Tuesday 18 August 2009

A day in hand

Here's a cause that's worthy of support:

http://www.adayinhand.com/

It's basically about inspiring and supporting same-sex couples who want to hold their partner's hand in public. Might sound a bit daft to those of you who don't give a second thought to pawing their significant other in public but, as a lady with a ladyfriend, it's something that I can't help but be conscious of i.e. where are we, are we safe, are we gonna get nutted by some random nutter, etc.

I know when me and the wife spot same-sex couples holding hands/being openly affectionate together in public, we nearly fall over each other with excitement at the sight (and not in a sleazy way, I hasten to add. Well - not always...). I still remember seeing a couple of young guys kissing each other goodbye in the centre of town on a busy Saturday - that takes balls, man! I wanted to go up and shake their hands for it.

So, go: be inspired! I certainly am :)

No comments: